Thursday, May 17, 2012

Matt Ryan Vector

Hey it's Frank from QF Designs. This is my new gradient mesh piece. It took me about 32 hours to complete in Illustrator CS5. When I finished this project had the total of 102 layers. This process requires patience, but when your confidence gets there, you'll love those 20 hours days in front of the computer (I guarantee it). When creating gradient mesh pieces, I strive for realism. It can be challenging to create reality, because it's about what your eye perceives as reality. This was a difficult piece of art to create. I had to deal with different shapes and textures that I don't normally create with the gradient mesh. But I always aim to challenge myself with the mesh.

I usually set a goal when I start out. My goal will be something like, I want to nail down realistic textures in skin and equipment. Then, I build up the supporting pieces and I go to work on the goals I set. But when you start building up your supporting pieces, use the layers to your advantage. You don't have to create perfect shapes, Illustrator will help you some here by hiding the ugliness below a layer. (Random Thought) Save your work often, because you don't want to work for 5 hours and lose your progress, it's very painful, trust me. For QF Designs T-shirts, click here!!!

Matt Ryan Vector



The Outlines
                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment